Monday 28 November 2022

feel your existence

hellooo again dearest readers ♡ this is your host Sparkle speaking and today i wanted to discuss blogging as a concept.. ironic that i’m posting this on a blog…


so, blogging: i find that blogging can come in very different forms for different people. for example, many people use their personal blogs as a way to display their crafts or products. blogging i think is something seen as quite outdated in our modern sphere yet i believe that it’s on the rise again, just taking a new, updated form. like most things, blogging is a shapeshifter. traditionally, blogging was for tips or advice. and then tumblr was released. 
i think that tumblr greatly changed the way in which we view blogs: no longer were they relics, monuments of past times left up to guide the people of the future. now, they were cool and edgy, in a way, displaying pictures and a perfectly curated and individual energy to the whole interweb. this is the first shift from blogs being for mum’s or crafters into a mainstream younger audience. i mean, i remember when i was little my mum always saying that her and i should start a blog where we talk about anything at all and i always found her idea a little silly. this is what made me want to talk about this topic as i wanted to explore the change. 
i keep two physical journals: a bullet journal and a mini pocket journal for miscellaneous entries. i tend to put my poems and astrological notes in there along with my stream of emotions coming out as words on the page. and i love this. i love the intimacy of my journals; they’re safe, no one can find me there. but something inside me longs insatiably. i have an unquenchable desire to reach people, like-minded people who enjoy things like me and think the same way i do. i think this again comes down to often feeling out of place among my peers. i either feel that they’re immature or just don’t understand me. i struggle to feel understood in this world so often filled with judgement and hate. people’s hearts these days are like lockets but rather than opening gently and with sweet memories stored within, they’re locked away behind bars and with padlocks. it’s hard to connect. especially when you feel different from the people around you.
don’t get me wrong, i have a wonderful friend group who i love very much, but they don’t really. understand me. obviously no one is ever fully understood by anyone, that’s the nature of being a sentient human, but most can see themselves in their peers more than i usually can. i generally find it hard to identify with others; i even find it hard to identify with myself, which i’ve mentioned briefly in a previous entry, but that’s a topic for another time. 
but im losing track of myself. my point is that i need to speak to people and discover what’s truly out there in the world- the real world, not the highschool world i depart from daily. so, i think this is what pushed me to create my blog: a strange mix of emotions. on one hand, i need solitude and safety, a place where i can only be perceived by myself. but, at the same time, i desperately want to touch people’s hearts and minds and souls and beings. so i created a public blog. 
not many people use them, unless they think in the same way that you do. that’s a beautiful thing. being surrounded by other people who understand. it’s tranquil for the mind.

that’s all. i hope my guests, you readers, enjoyed this entry. don’t feel you need to read it all. take what resonates with you as you wish. ♡ 
i hope that this reaches you well. 

​♪  
感覺你的存在 (feel your existence) - jolin tsai

No comments:

Post a Comment

a seat in the spiritual waiting room ♡​♪

  i realised after uploading my previous entry that i hadn’t done a proper introduction.. so that’s what this is  ​♪ i have a basic intro on...